March 01, 2005

BitterSweetTease

"So you wanna be a gangster"

Okay, so there I was, breaking up a fight at ya mom's Tupperware/sex toy party, When I got a text message. I read it. Right then and there the room went black. Then I woke up.

In the spirit of Grady from Sanford & Son "Good googley moogley"! Oh man, I feel like cussing. Brooklyn--we was robbed!!! We put in two (TWO, 2, Dos) TWO hott remixes for the Okayplayer Remix contest and you know what? You hear that? Shhhh, listen. Do you hear it?.........f*cking crickets man. F*cking crickets man!!! Thats what you hear---crickets (like ya mama's porch on a hot June evening). Ha! Honestly, I'm not mad. We've been on fire like Banks & Denzel (ask ya man Kanye, no seriously ask him--he knows), so it don't stop our stride. And on the real, I still got love for OKP. Their hustle is inspiring. I just knew with all this heat coming out of the camp we was winning........oh my stars! Did we make the final cut?.......EFF NO! But that's okay if you can't take a loss, you don't deserve to win (at least that's what they told us in 3rd grade). And oh yeah, we didn't lose......we just got overlooked. In the words of Lyor Cohen "I never feel defeated until the buzzer buzzes". Take that. Besides my girl, Shaniqua Lakeisha Lachella Tanitta (yeah that's her name!) said the hood stays bumping my team's music on the regular. You can have the neo-soul lounge, I got the hood. THE HOOD. And the hood don't lie. So you can have your headwraps, candles and incense, I got Chico stix and Now & Laters. THE HOOD! Pickles from the candy lady. Lemonheads. Candy cigarettes. Atomic fireballs. Jolly Ranchers & Bazooka Joe (with the corny jokes in the wrapper) THE HOOD! Remember that song from the great New Jersey poet/rapper YZ? {singing in sing songy type voice} "So Far the Ghetto's Been Good to Me". I'll be back OkayPlayer. Oh yeah, I'll be back. Even though it's all in fun. I still feel like this is complete FUCKERY.

If I don't get this money in music......I will get this money.

Trust me.

No comments: