March 06, 2005

Invisible Underwear

They are bleeding us man! I keep going to these niche music websites and they are killing us. F*cking killing US!!!! (insert wild laughter here) I go to these indie music retailers and the indie/underground fansites and they are straight murdering the consumers man. I know that people want to support their music, but come on man, you KNOW and I know that all of this shit ain't popping homeboy. Half of the shit on these sites smell like ass crack and then you tell me to support "good" music. Oh my fucking stars.!

See, instead of being a critic, trying to support people, I went to one of these sites and bought like 3 or 4 of their recommended releases. 3 of them were ass and one had 4 good songs on it out of 16. WTF!!!!! You know what? I don't care if this artist used to be in some hot group from the 80's/90's. I dont want to hear half ass music from washed up rappers, rock & rollers, blues singers, accordion players or soul singers. You are killing me. KILLING ME DAMMIT!!! And then when they review the shit, how come all their releases have these fake ass glowing reviews. You would think these posers are reviewing "Purple Rain" or "Thriller". Some half ass singer comes out with an album, says they are influenced by Marvin Gaye and they get an automatic 4 stars? Bullsh*t, I tell ya! Some worthless ass emcee says he's the new Tribe Called Quest or Nas and you give him a crown.......oh hells naw! And yo, just because you have long hair, are in a band, wear tight jeans and play a guitar, you are not the second coming of The Rolling Stones. Sorry homie.

If you're going to review some shit, be critical, don't give them fuckers a glowing review, just because they remind you of some throwback from 1989. So as much as we want to blame the record labels and the radio stations for the decline of good music--- you (indie retailer/fan site owner) play an integral part of this process. You are leading us astray, run amok, bamboozled, hoodwinked........we didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on.............oh my bad....I was getting carried away (sorry Brother Malcolm). I challenge you to uplift the art form we call music. The blood of the record buying public is on your hands.

Touche. Muthaf#cka.

No comments: