March 21, 2010

The Chain & The Star



Where do I begin? These two guys have made their share of classics. I've been down with the "chain and the star" for a long time---I'm talking Junior High Ziti. I've had the Step In The Arena CASSETTE pop on me, at least 3 or 4 times. I knew the words to "DWYCK" before the video (B-Side to "Take It Personal").

In 2010? Still one of favorites...hands down. But I don't know what's going on with Guru. Some reports still have him in a coma. Others say he made a recovery and that he's on the upswing. Who knows?

I know there was some tension between Guru and Preme, but Preme ("the DJ I respect") deaded all of that on his radio show. Salute.

I hope that whatever is going on healthwise/family/musically can be resolved. I pray that Guru is back in the best of health...soon.

Life is short. There is still good music to be made.

p.s. Suckas still play themselves for mass appeal.


No comments: